Outreach & Trainings
Workshops, in-services, trainings, and presentations in coordination with other agencies and conference organizations. Outreach services are provided to professionals, students and the general public. In addition, Hancock Center provides consultations and movement assessments.
Contact HC director, Rena Kornblum, if you or your agency is interested in a consultation: (608) 251-0908 ext. 18. Rena will make a referral to the appropriate staff therapist who will call you within a week for a free 5-10 minute phone assessment and to set up a face-to-face consultation. Consultation fee: $100/hour for for-profit entities; $50/hour for non-profits.
Therapy and Education Programs Off-Site
Our staff is available to do groups at off-site facilities. Please call us if you are interested (608) 251-0908, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current scheduled off-site programs by contract in other agencies:
- Movement therapy group at Raymond Road group home for adults with disabilities.
- In-School Therapy and Violence Prevention in local elementary and middle schools Learn More>>
Scheduled workshop presentations by HC therapists:
On Thursday, July 31, 2014, 6-7:30 pm Grace Valentine will lead an expiential workshop "Healing through Movement" as part of the Healthy Living programs at Gilda's Club Madison, WI. Free for Gilda's Club members. Learn More>>
On Monday, September 15, 2014 at 7 pm Rena Kornblum will present on her "Disarming the Playground" curriculum for the Attic Angel Association at the Attic Angel Place in Middleton, WI. This program addresses the AAA's annual focus on adolescent mental health and is open to the public. Rena will discuss effective techniques for defusing potentially volatile situations. Learn More>>
- Friday October 2, 2014 is Madison Non-Profit Day!
- In October three HC therapists will present four workshops at the 30th Annual Midwest Conference on Child Sexual Abuse in Madison, WI. Learn More>>
- In November three HC therapsits will present three workshops at the ADTA National Conference in Chicago, IL. Learn More>>
Library and video viewing available during office hours by appointment.